Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let's Talk Roses

Next weekend, The Potomac Rose Society and the Arlington Rose Foundation are hosting a talk by renown rose expert Stephen Scanniello ... yes, THE Stephen Scanniello!



I met Stephen years ago when he was speaker at the annual symposium at the Lynchburg City Cemetery.  He is a lovely person and a wonderful speaker, and I guarantee that everyone in his audience will be educated and entertained.

This is Stephen in Lynchburg, giving a demonstration on how to dig up and transplant suckers of 'Tuscany Superb'. 


If you're interested in attending, and need to know how to get to Merrifield Garden Center, click HERE for a map.

I'll see you there!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome guy. Love that his demonstration was held in a cemetary. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just might be able to fit thatin...busy day, but....it's ROSES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nasty day that was in Lynchburg! Can not forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! Hope the weather is agreeable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At such a distance, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend, but I can make do by reading Mr. Scanniello's book, which I just purchased last week (unfortunately for Stephen at $4.99 from Half-Price books).

    Happy listening to those who can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I wish I could go! I know you'll do a blog post about it, and I look forward to hearing how fabulous it was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited he will be down here on March 11th and will speak at the Central Fl. Heritage Rose Society's March Meeting. His books are wonderful, everyone says he is a fantastic speaker! Just gotta love the Heritage Rose World!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie- Kathy and I are coming! Road Trip!!! It will be good to learn more about roses and to see you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails